OLMS-055 Boeing 787 Dreamliner Radome Repair Tool fabrication (LTM).
Welcome and thank you for visiting Earth & Flight Composites e-learning platform for this Boeing 787 Radome Tooling Splash course.|
This course is under construction (June 13th) but will come soon…. keep checking this webpage.
“Learn from the experts to become an expert.”
- This 787 Radome repair tool fabrication is a step by step course and will take approximately ??? hours and xx half hour to complete.
The actual time of finishing this course can be less when your actual knowledge is up to date. Find a nice quiet place to focus!
- Your progress is saved. Feel free to break up your learning experience into sessions.
When you come back, you can pick up right where you left off!
Who should take this e-learning Radome tooling fabrication course?
- Composite Repair technicians, Composite laminators, having (advised prerequisite) 2 to 5 experience in advanced composite fabrication or repair
- Composite Certifying staff, and engineers, composite shop lead managers.
- Also, anyone who has experience in working with advanced composites can benefit from this course.
- If you need more information, please contact us, schedule a video call meeting with us one on one.
What you’ll learn and know?
- You will learn how to “plan the work and work as planned” to fabricate a full-size Boeing 787 Dream liner Radome Repair Tool or mould.
- Buying and ordering fabric should already be done or in stock using 200 and 600 grams manufacturer or pre-cut Low-Temperature Mold Material Prepreg (LTM)
- How to prepare a standard Boeing 787 Dream liner Radome to become a master model for an LTM tooling pre-preg splash
- How to disassemble the 787 attachments and latches
- How to thaw stored LTM prepreg material tiles and cut when needed on the actual radome using Aluminium thin strips
- How to prepare the Boeing 787 Radome with damage and temporary fill dents
- Why and how to prepare and cut square LTM prepreg tiles for a layup?
- How to bring on primer and the right type of paint on the original reworked radome
- How to bring on plywood extended return flanges and how to attach them to the existing 787 radome
- How you have to apply the layup sequence and Warp directions of the LTM prepreg
- How you have to incorporate leak frames in the return flanges with LTM prepreg
- Symmetrical and Balanced lay-up of a tool using the tooling layup checklist
- Debulking sequence during the process of layup according to manufacturer specifications MDS
- How to perform a Heat survey in an oven or Autoclave before the actual cure and post-cure!
- Use of an oven or autoclave with precise thermocouple placement (TC Mapping) on the laid up tool and existing 787 radome
- How to best release the cured tool from the existing 787 Radome and wooden sub-structure
- how to Post-cure of Radome tool freestanding explaining the Post- cure cycles and monitoring
- How to apply Post cure best versus life cycle of the tool or mould
- How to apply a Leak testing of the tool/mould
- How to detect leakage present with water infusion and how to resolve leakage
- How to apply sufficient sealer and mould release agent
- How to fabricate and use a reusable vacuum bag, saving time and expense
- How to use a logbook for the tool and assign a designated tooling number for the required tooling registration
- How to use the logbook with actual data of sealer bring on a release film data applying a touch-up and filing repair data
- Boeing 787 radome Tool maintenance, repair and storage
Why should you take this course?
- This course gives you an overall advantage of the knowledge and many important benefits of your future aviation composite repair career!
- We will take you by the hand in a step by step process to first prepare an existing 787 Radome and make it read as a Plug to make a mould from
- We will explain the details; professional jargon discuss acronyms used during this course.
- You can download a PDF cheat sheet, work plan, plan the work, material list, and Paid course/ guide book.
- After this course, you know (not the skills! ) how to prepare an existing Boeing 787 Radome to withdraw a repair tool from
- Benefits for this course; you can download worksheets /cheatsheets for the workflow and layup.
- Overall, this Boeing 787 Radome Tool manufacturing course will save you the frustration and mistakes of creating such a tool.
- This course will save you time when you don’t have to fabricate a 787 Radome tool and all step by step tasks are ready to use.
- If you are more experienced and have fabricated a Boeing 737 Radome tool, this 787 has different features and gives you an additional guide in the making.
Finally, It should benefit your company if you can invite your colleagues/lead shop managers to enrol for this course also!
You will have a better understanding of what it takes to fabricate a Radome Repair tool.
Secondly, management and shop leads will get a better overview of the sometimes complex steps to take in this process, which can be time-consuming.
Extras in this course available for you to download:
- FREE, PDF and Word-Doc version form with Work plan sheet
- FREE, PDF overview list of materials and equipment needed to fabricate a Tool,
- FREE, PDF Pre-preg LTM Tooling Layup schedule in colour for the tool
- FREE, PDF and Word-Doc. version form of the Debulk schedule form
- FREE, Pre-preg LTM Edge leak prevention frames build-up scheme
- FREE, Pictures of the steel Tool Sub-frame construction
- PAID, e Book-Guide to Boeing 787 Dreamliner Composite Tooling fabrication with large original and actual pictures as shown in this e-learning course (Click this link for your course book)
Hands-on course Onsite at your company facility: Please contact us for a Hands-On Radome Tooling fabrication course (any Radome) at your facility.
To go to our Hands-On Tooling splash course web page (Click this link)
To go o our Hands-On website www.efcomoposites.com Click this link)
Copyright; Earth & Flight Composites Bv. The Netherlands
Acrobat Reader to download your PDF files
Microsoft Word or Google Docs to download your Word-doc files